Contact Us


Mon-Fri  7:30am - 6:00pm

Sat          9:30am - 5:00pm

In-Transit Permits

In-Transit Permits are intended to allow a person to transport a vehicle or trailer which is not currently registered from one location in Alberta to another location within Canada.

In Transit Permits are valid for up to 7 days if for the purpose of transporting the vehicle to another province, to allow a prospective buyer to test drive the vehicle, or for inspection or mechanical services. If you are getting an In Transit Permit to move the vehicle from Point A to Point B within Alberta, the permit will be valid for a maximum of 3 days. If the In-Transit Permit is for a Salvage Vehicle, the permit is valid for only 24 hours. The cost is $24.45.

To obtain an In-Transit Permit, please bring in proof of insurance (digital or paper) as well as your own driver’s licence. For travel outside of Alberta, we will also require Proof of Ownership (bill of sale or certificate of title).