Contact Us


Mon-Fri  7:30am - 6:00pm

Sat          9:30am - 5:00pm

Annual Returns - Immediate Service in Calgary, Alberta

file-an-alberta-annual-returnAlberta Corporate Annual Returns – In Person, Online or by Phone for $71.

Alberta Corporate Annual Return eReminder

Currently, Alberta Corporate registry mails out annual return reminders each year. However, we recommend that you sign up for our FREE eReminder service for Corporate Annual Returns. When Service Alberta discontinued the mailing out of Driver’s License and Vehicle renewal reminders, they did so without any prior notice whatsoever. Many Albertans got a “reminder” from a police officer, at a cost of $300 or more. The consequence for allowing your annual return to become overdue is that your corporation could be struck.

When is an Annual Return due?

In order to keep your corporation active, you must complete an annual return each year and file your return by the last day of the month following the anniversary of the registration month.

For example: If your corporation was registered in September, you should file your return by October 31. You should receive an Annual Return form in the mail from Alberta’s Corporate Registries. If you don’t receive your annual return form in the mail, be sure to come visit us right away. It could be that your address is not up to date – we can update this at the same time that we do your annual return.

What do I need to file an Annual Return?

When filing your annual return, you just need:

  1. One piece of identification.
  2. An Annual Return Form. If you have received your form in the mail from Corporate Registries, please bring the form. If not, please print off this form (or we can provide one at the counter).

You will need to know the names and addresses of the top 5 shareholders of the corporation, if they have changed. You will also need the accurate and current mailing and registered address of your corporoation.

Who can file an Annual Return?

If you complete the Annual Return Form, anyone can bring the form into the Registry to file the return.

How do I file my annual return?

At Registries Plus, we try to make it as convenient as possible to keep your incorporation active.

  1. In person – we always have CORES accredited staff ready to process your return while you wait.
  2. Email corporate@registriesplus.ca the above forms and a copy of your ID. We will email you back an eInvoice or we can take your credit card payment over the phone. Once you have paid, we will complete the annual return and email you the Proof of Filing. A print out of this emailed copy is sufficient for your Minute Book, but if you would like us to mail you the original, please add $5.
  3. Fax us the Annual Return form to 403 272-7037 and your ID. We will contact you by phone to take payment by credit card and we can send your Proof of Filing by mail, email or Fax.

What is the fee to file an Annual Return?

The cost for an Annual Return is $71 (includes GST) if there are no changes and $88.85 (includes GST) with changes.

What if I miss filing my return?

Annual Returns have to be filed in chronological order. This means that if you miss two years, you have to file the first year before you can file the second year. If you miss two or more Annual Returns, your corporation may be struck. We can help with that too – see Reviving a Struck Corporation. Please note that you will have to file an Annual Return for each year that has been missed.

See Also:

Keep your corporation up to date with Corporate Registry.

Ready to go into business for yourself? We have the best price for incorporation. Talk to us first!

If you are no longer conducting business using the corporate entity you created, it's a good idea to dissolve the company.